Firstly, our thoughts go out to everyone affected by this unprecedented event — we are all in this together and sending our thoughts to our whole community.
We are continually monitoring the situation regarding COVID-19. Our main priority at Sawyer and Co is first and foremost the safety and well-being of our clients, our staff and those people who work alongside us.
With that in mind we wanted to communicate directly to update you on our COVID-19 protocol and the measures we are putting in place to minimise and prevent the spread of the virus in accordance with Government and NHS guidelines.
We wish to reassure all of our clients that our offices will remain open as usual with our staff working normal office hours to provide an uninterrupted service as far as possible until instructed otherwise.
We are able to offer telephone appointments to any clients who do not wish to come into the office and will post or email any paperwork that needs to be signed if necessary.
Details of our general policy are as follows:
- Viewings can be carried out via Face Time rather than in person should this be preferred.
- 360° immersion (virtual) tours will be made available should our clients wish to use these in the marketing of their property. (Subject to an extra charge)
- Customers may be able to request specific viewings times so that a property can be vacated to allow minimal social contact.
- Our offices are all following government advice around regular hand washing.
- Our Sawyer & co. team have all been issued with hand sanitisers to be carried on their person at all times. This of course has to be subject to availability, but we currently have enough to ensure that this is the case.
- All applicants entering a property will be asked to bring their own hand sanitiser where possible or to use the negotiator’s personal antibacterial hand gel before entering.
- Likewise all applicants will be asked to refrain from touching any surfaces within a property where possible.
- We have implemented a ‘no hand shaking’ policy to avoid unnecessary personal contact.
We will additionally be asking all clients a number of important questions before carrying out any viewings to try and minimise risk as much as possible:
- Have you, or anyone you have been in contact with, travelled abroad within the last 14 days and if so, where?
- Have you been confirmed as carrying the virus or been placed in isolation within the last 14 days? Or been in direct contact with anyone who has?
- Have you recently been in self-isolation due to suspected symptoms of Covid-19?
An internal policy has been implemented should any employee of Sawyer & Co. display any relevant symptoms, which is in line with the current government guidelines.
To ensure that those looking to purchase, sell, rent or let are still receiving the best service possible we have begun carrying out live video viewings for all of our properties.
Information for Sellers and Landlords
For the time being our business has not been disrupted by the coronavirus situation and our standard practices remain in place. However, thinking ahead plans have been put in place to ensure business carries on as undisturbed as possible in the current environment.
For those of you with sales proceeding, we are able to continue to progress these and will be able to do so remotely if the need arises.
Likewise, for properties currently on the market, any enquires made to Sawyer & Co. will be responded to and can be managed out of office if necessary.
In light of the current circumstances we anticipate a higher than normal viewings cancellation rate, which is to be expected.
However, much like the online spikes seen during the festive season, we foresee an increase in online activity in the upcoming weeks as the likelihood of people spending greater periods of time at home grows.
Information for Potential Buyers and Perspective Tenants
We kindly ask that those applicants actively searching for and viewing properties please let us know ASAP by telephone if you are not able to attend a scheduled viewing.
For those Purchasing a Property through Sawyer & Co.
For those of you with sales proceeding, we are able to continue to progress sales and will be able to do so remotely if the need arises.
Taking into consideration the current climate, we ask that you are understanding if the possibility of further viewings becomes less feasible. We endeavour, however to assist as much as possible and will be able to carry out video viewings if required.
Property being managed by Sawyer & Co.
Our block management, property and rent management departments will be working as normal to continue to manage any maintenance issues that may arise. We have facilities in place to be able to work remotely if required.
Please rest assured that we are taking every precaution and doing all that we possibly can to keep you safe whilst endeavouring to continue to deliver the best possible service.
Our aim is to continue to service all of our clients’ needs and minimise inconvenience. As this is an unprecedented set of circumstances we will continue to monitor the situation. We will update our website and social media or contact our clients directly should we require to make changes to our service. Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you have any concerns.
In the meantime we thank you for your co-operation and hope that you and your families remain healthy.
Please do follow the Government guidelines regarding coronavirus and please do inform us if you are showing any of the symptoms or have recently been in contact with anyone else who have suspected coronavirus or has displayed symptoms. Thank you.